Apricot-Glazed Cornish Hens for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine the salt and cayenne. Rub a third of the mixture inside hens. Brush 1 tablespoon butter over hens; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the preserves, honey, onion, nutmeg and remaining butter. Cook and stir until preserves are melted. Brush over hens. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 180°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Oct 29, 2017
Very tasty! Made this several times with a wild rice side dish and green beans.
Jan 22, 2008
I have a convection oven and this cooked faster than the time alloted but it was great. My husband, who rarely comments on something, commented on how good it was and that the skin turned out with a slightly crispy tangy flavor. Four stars for tast and ease
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.