Cornish Game Hens for Two
“These hens taste wonderful. They’re just the right thing to serve when you’re having company over. Your guest will think you spent the whole day in the kitchen!” Kara de la Vega - Santa Rosa, CA
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces), split lengthwise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sprinkle over hen halves. In a small skillet, cook hen halves over medium-high heat in oil until browned on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute green onion and garlic until tender. Stir in broth and orange juice concentrate; pour over hen halves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. To serve, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Originally published as Cornish Game Hens in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.