- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- PINEAPPLE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish,* optional
- In a bowl, combine the coconut and butter; mix well. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of springform pan. Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Cheesecake
"i amde this for a library potluck and we all loved it. it was really great to have a taste of the trpoic in the dead of winter/"
"easy to make and everyone lived it! My first cheesecake, and it turned out delicious."
"Even though my cheesecake wasn't quite done in my opinion, I heard so much ranting and raving over how extremely good it was!"