Ham N Egg Skillet
"This is great for a weekend brunch or as a spur-or-the moment supper served wtih toast and juice," recommends LuEllen Spaulding of Caro, Michigan. The nicely seasoned skillet dish is hearty with ham, cheese and potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium uncooked potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute potatoes in butter until tender and golden brown. Add the onion and green pepper; saute until crisp-tender. Add ham, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook until eggs are completely set, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Ham N Egg Skillet in Quick Cooking September/October 2001