Grilled Lemon Pork Chops
These melt-in-your-mouth pork chops are always a hit with my family and with company, too. Lemonade concentrate is what gives them their tangy lemon flavor. They’re so easy to make that we have them often.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, soy sauce, seasoned salt, celery salt and garlic powder. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Kansas Grilled Pork Chops in Country Extra July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.