- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 4 to 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the oregano. Arrange potatoes around chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining oregano. Pour butter and lemon juice over chicken and potatoes. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2-2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forGreek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
"Excellent. My kids love this."
"this is very moset it i add carrots to mine and it make it even more better"
"I thought this was a little bland. I will make it again because the hint of flavor was very good. Next time I will add more lemon and pepper, or use a lemon pepper seasoning. I love that combination. My husband and son felt the same way."
"I add a few minced cloves of garlic to the butter/lemon sauce and it really tastes great!"
"We love this recipe. The lemon and oregano are wonderful together, and they make the gravy extra special. After the first several times, I cut down on the butter, using just enough to rub on the skin to make it crispy. I use Yukon Gold potatoes, and I don't peel them since the skin is so thin. Excellent!"
"Super easy and very moist and tasty!"
"This was wonderful, especially the very flavorful potatoes. I just added a green vegetable and had a complete meal, along with leftover chicken for another recipe. I will definitely make this again."
"This chicken was delicious! The whole family loved it. I did add extra broth so there was extra juice."