Great Northern Bean Chili
Seven ingredients makes this mild version of a Southwestern chicken chili. I like to add a dash of hot sauce and some sour cream on top, and serve it with tortilla chips. It's a great alternative to traditional chili. —mamesmom, Taste of Home Online Community
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 401 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 38g protein.
Feb 4, 2013
I make this all the time. My 14 year old son loves it. I also mix the cheese in while cooking, and server it with tortilla chips
Oct 31, 2011
I make this all the time, but I include the cheese while it is cooking. Great tasting chili.