Great Northern Bean Chili
Seven ingredients makes this mild version of a Southwestern chicken chili. I like to add a dash of hot sauce and some sour cream on top, and serve it with tortilla chips. It's a great alternative to traditional chili. —mamesmom, Taste of Home Online Community
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 401 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as White Chicken Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009
Feb 4, 2013
I make this all the time. My 14 year old son loves it. I also mix the cheese in while cooking, and server it with tortilla chips
Oct 31, 2011
I make this all the time, but I include the cheese while it is cooking. Great tasting chili.