- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. If desired, coarsely chop cranberries. Fold cranberries into batter.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, sugar and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Cook and stir until slightly thickened; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 15 servings (2 cups sauce).
Reviews forGrandma Pietz's Cranberry Cake Pudding
"Very good, and the sauce is wonderful"