Golden Sea Bass
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets or halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, dressing mix and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 180 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2019
My family loved this. Do not pile potato flakes on other than what egg will hold to fillet. I made this mistake the first time and it burned the flakes.
Mar 30, 2019
Very delicious recipe and no adjustments needed
Jul 21, 2018
Jun 14, 2016
Nov 24, 2014
Here I am, reviewing my own contest-winning recipe, but I want to provide a money-saving tip: you don't need to use sea bass or halibut in this dish. Any firm-fleshed white fish will do, as long as it's not a flat fillet. Norwegian cod loin is readily available where we live. It's the correct shape and the price is right. Just experiment with the cooking time a bit so that it doesn't overcook.
Mar 29, 2014
Made this yesterday for my family. Everyone raved about it. Will certainly make it again.
Apr 14, 2012
I used halibut, which I found to be very much like sea bass. I cooked my portion a little bit longer than 14 minutes, and had a beautiful dinner.
Apr 2, 2012
Delicious and quick! I found it easy to cut back on the butter to make it even healthier too.
Jan 15, 2012
Fantastic fish and fantastic recipe. Added bonus that it was easy to make with ingredients on hand. I was fortunate enough to find sea bass on manager's clearance at my local grocery store (6.99/lb vs. 19.99/lb), which made this affordable this time around.
Sep 14, 2011
This recipe has become my families favorite Sea Bass recipe. We absolutely love it!!