Golden Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted. Add the potatoes, garlic salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, onion, bacon, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in water and bouillon. Gradually stir in cream; heat through. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Jun 21, 2015
This is everyone's favorite potato soup. I have used shredded potatoes & evaporated milk with great results. Flavor is excellent!
Dec 9, 2012
This is a recipe that everyone will love!
Apr 9, 2012
Excellent!! Loved by All!!*****
Dec 8, 2011
We instantly fell in love with the unique taste of this soup!! Have made it over and over since we first tried a couple of years ago!
Oct 12, 2011
This is delicious. I double it, and use extra garlic plus regular salt, in place of the garlic salt. It's very easy, and even better the second day!
Feb 25, 2011
Dec 29, 2010
This is SOOO good! I usually do not like herbs, so I was hesitant adding them to the soup. Boy am I glad I did! They lend a subtle flavor that takes potato soup up a notch. I used real bacon pieces from a bag and you couldn't tell the difference. I can't wait to try this with fat-free evaporated milk instead of heavy cream.
Oct 4, 2010
This is the best potato soup I have ever tasted. My boyfriend is a huge potato soup lover and has always said his mom makes the best and he loves Olive Garden just for their potato soup. When I made this for the first time he was amazed at its flavor. He requested it for his birthday and has recently told me that his mom's and Olive Garden's potato soup comes nowhere close to this one. It obviously has become a staple in our house, and rightfully so!
Dec 6, 2009
best potato soup ever!!!!!!
Feb 26, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.