This comforting combination from the Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (See page 66 for details about the Cooking School.) Tender chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and green beans are cooked in a simple broth seasoned with rosemary, garlic and thyme.
Recommended: 25 Soups to Keep You Warm This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables in Quick Cooking December 2000, p33
Reviews forGolden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2018