Glazed Lemon Tube Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 352 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 15, 2017
First time trying this simple but easy to follow recipe! I made this cake this morning without the icing,(it's really awsome with no icing) and the cake is super moist and fluffy has a nice crunchy top and it was just amazing! I will be putting this one in my personal at home book of recipes! Just the perfect amount of lemon flavor not too much but just perfect. Thank you For sharing this one! I have made another online lemon cake and it wasn't this good too lemony. But this was perfect. Must have this again!
May 17, 2017
I made this recipe for my grandson's birthday and he went crazy for it. He's always loved lemon ever since he was a baby and this was a huge hit with him. As MelissaLovesCoffee mentioned below, I also made this with Earth Balance dairy free margarine and almond milk and it worked perfectly.
May 17, 2016
Great recipes, however the two of sugar barely made it sweet. I wasn't able to taste the lemon flavor with 11/2 tsp of lemon extract and the lemon peel. But cake is very moist and fluffy
May 2, 2016
I made it dairy free by using Earth Balance instead of butter and vanilla non-dairy milk instead of milk. Such a delicious cake! It was tender, moist, and had just the perfect amount of lemon.
Apr 30, 2016
Yummy lemon flavor. Made for a girl's brunch - PERFECT.To vah4bm: you didn't follow the recipe to a "T", as you stated, if you used skim milk instead of 2%. Also, the recipe directions say to beat in extracts ( with an "s") which would include the vanilla extract. Hmmmm, perhaps your cake didn't turn out because you didn't follow directions . . .
Feb 29, 2016
This cake is AMAZING!!!! I never have any luck with bundt cakes mine usully turn out dry and crumbly NOT THIS ONE!! This cake baked up Beautifully! Melted in my mouth!! So moist with a beatiful texture!!! I will definitely make this cake again!
Sep 8, 2015
It looks great, my favorite recipe now, love it !!
Jul 27, 2015
I made this for my moms birthday and everyone who ate it loved it. It didn't last for more than a day
Jul 5, 2015
Very good recipe. This makes a nice big,tall cake. It tastes delicious! I sometime add coconut to the batter for additional taste and texture.
Jun 13, 2015
A tall cake with great texture, as others have said. After trying this cake once with lemon flavoring, I substituted coconut extract to make coconut cupcakes, which were great! I used powdered sugar when I made the lemon glaze the first time, so it didn't run too much.