Fluted Lemon Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and dry pudding mixes, apricot nectar, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 369 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 18, 2014
My granddaughter wanted a lemon cake for her birthday. I made this one and she absolutely went crazy over it. I made a couple changes to the recipe. I used lemon zest rather than lemon flavoring. I baked the cake in two layer cake pans. Instead of the glaze I made my own frosting using 16 cream cheese, 1 pkg lemon pudding, fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the remainder of the apricot nectar. It acted as a filling between layers and frosting on the top. I decorated the cake with fresh raspberries and lemon slices. It was a hit and my granddaughter even asked for the recipe.
Nov 12, 2013
I made this cake for my family and it was just delicious served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Nice and moist and I liked the tartness of the glaze. The only thing is I couldn't find any apricot nectar, so I used apricot preserves instead, I prayed that it would turn out ok...but it was better than OK, it was delicious and perfect! I just popped the apricot preserves in the microwave for a minute or so to loosen it up a bit, let it cool and added it to the rest of the mix. This is in my keeper files of recipes for sure!
Oct 21, 2012
So moist and super easy to make. My guest devoured it in a matter of minutes! Filing this away in my recipe book!
Nov 9, 2010
I followed the directions exactly as listed, and baked for 45 minutes. The cake rose up nice and high during baking, and it turned out nice and light and tender. This is definitely a keeper. I'll definitely make this one again. The tartness in the glaze balances out the sweetness of the cake. My husband loved it. Thank you for the recipe, Gail.