Orange Glazed Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in the eggs, orange zest and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and juice until smooth. Spoon over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 373 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 3, 2016
Yeah grandmas cake brings back sweet memories to me too
Nov 14, 2016
I love this bread, I've done it several times its really delicious...only thing is to small like if it doesn't rise...today I'm gonna bake two...one to give away and one for homr..this bread sure doesn't last long....next time I'm gonna double the recipe , to see if it rises!!! but besides that it's a yummie bread!! thank u for the recipe love it!!!
Jul 10, 2014
Very disappointed with flavor.
Apr 22, 2014
This cake was extremely dry. I will not be making it again.
Jan 14, 2010
I have not made this cake yet...breeleed-notice that the cake pictured is no taller than the coffee cup behind it, so it is apparently a smaller cake.
Oct 30, 2009
Such a delicious cake! I made a few changes, because I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. I used brown sugar, substituted the lemon extract with orange and added both lemon and orange zest. I think next time, I'll double the recipe, because my cake wasn't as high as the one shown in the photo. I must have a larger sized bundt pan. This cake isn't sugary and I think it would be lovely served with coffee or tea.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.