- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFresh Mozzarella Tomato Salad
"I served this at a buffet lunch so I cut up the cheese and tomatoes. It was simple to make and delicious!"
"How is this unlike a Caprese salad? Seems a little disingenuous."
"i didn't have fresh and had to use dry and it still tasted great."
"I just cut my tomatoes and mozzarella into chunks and mixed everything together. It was yummy!"