Fresh Fruit Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Press dough into a 14- or 16-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- For filling, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and juices until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup; spread remaining warm glaze over filling.
- Arrange fruit over pizza; brush with reserved glaze. Chill until serving. (Note: If making a day ahead, substitute another seasonal fruit for bananas.)
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 512 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2013
Yummy! I thought the crust was a bit thick so only gave it 4 stars.... but the taste was very good.
Jun 1, 2011
This was so easy to make, and it made so much that everyone was able to get a nice piece
Sep 12, 2010
This was fabulous - grapes, fresh peaches, strawberries, and bananas were delightful on this pizza