Fig-Glazed Chicken with White Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup fig preserves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 4 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Mix first eight ingredients. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in batches, starting skin side down. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In drippings, saute shallots until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Stir in preserves mixture; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add beans; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, 12-15 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 405 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2018
This is incredible! I do not change a thing, save I double the sauce and beans portion of the dish because it is just too good with fresh-baked bread. Thank you for sharing.
Feb 21, 2018
This was very good. I made a few changes: cut the recipe in half, used skinless boneless thighs, omitted the beans, substituted dry sherry for sherry vinegar and onion for shallots. I also added about 2 teaspoons of tapioca to the sauce for thickening. The recommended cooking time was about right for the s-b thighs. We’ll have this again!
Feb 12, 2018
This was a delicious sauce! I added carrots to the beans and both picked up the sauce wonderfully!One note 15 min after the browning and 5 min after adding the beans was no where near enough time. I would make it and extra 30 min to get it to 175 degrees.With that being said I put 1 in 10 recipes I try in my “special book”... this one will definitely be in!Yummy!