- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, process cauliflower mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cauliflower mixture and cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Cream of Cauliflower Soup
"really yummy. Added quite a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce and it took the already delicious soup to another level of flavor. !"
"EXCELLENT recipe! I doubled the recipe, added about one cup chopped celery and also carrots, substituted rosemary and some parsley for thyme and used Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese for the fontina. So good this is not only a "keeper" recipe, but I emailed it to several friends. Hot French Baguette and tomato slices sprinkled with celery salt hit the spot on a 20 degree winter day. Thank you so very much!Carol Herman in Milwaukee, WI"
"Delicious! Will make again and again and again.I didn't have fontina cheese but used parmesan and the substitution worked out well."
"I made this soup an it was very good. I did not have any cheese so I made it with out the cheese. I crumbed some bacon on top of it. I will be making it again. you must try it!!!!"