Family-Favorite Turkey Egg Rolls
Finger foods give Thursday extra flair! This recipe is so easy, kids can help prepare it. Serve with sweet-and-sour or hot mustard dipping sauce. —Virginia Rehm, Waynesville, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the coleslaw mix, sesame seeds, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and seasoned salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.