VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining meat sauce and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Or cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use refrigerated enchiladas: Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Enchiladas El Paso in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p15
Reviews forEnchiladas El Paso
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review