Enchiladas El Paso
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup meat sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining meat sauce and cheese.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Or cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 4. To use refrigerated enchiladas: Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.
1 each: 283 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Dec 31, 1969
Easy to make and the best ever. Of course I grabbed hot cayenne instead of chili pepper and my husband loved it!