- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEggnog Tube Cake
"Like "oldman437", my batter was also very thick (I used a generic eggnog). Despite that, the cake came out moist and crumbly and delicious! I topped it with the glaze shown above, and then also added a little dollop of cool whip. I too used rum in place of rum extract. My glaze took about 5-6 tsp of eggnog to get thin enough to drizzle. I was a bit confused about what size box was considered "regular", so I used Pillsbury's Moist Supreme White cake, 15.25oz. I also couldn't find any 3.9oz sized instant puddings; I only found 3.4oz, so that's what I used. Everything seemed to work out fine! Very easy recipe and a great way to use up extra eggnog!"
"Good cake. When I made this, my batter was very thick. I think it was because of the Southern Comfort Eggnog I used. I thought the batter would make the cake like a pound cake, but it didn't. The cake was light and almost airy. the eggnog flavor was kind of mild, but I'm making this again and trying another brand of 'nog. I didn't have extract, so I used actual rum. Even if it turns out the same, I'll be making this again."
"This was a big hit first year I made it. Now it is a must have during the holidays.."
"Absolutely deeelicious! Followed the recipe except I used 2 TBS. real dark rum. cake was like eating a Dunkin Donuts plain donut. Yummy! I will make this again and again."
"I first tried this recipe after becoming an eggnog fan. It is wonderful! The first time made as directed. Second time I wanted to share so used 5 mini loaf pans. The little cakes were a beautiful pal yellow color. Wrapped in plastic, the little loaves made wonderful treats for neighbors. This is a perfect recipe!"
"the stars didn't appear on my review"
"I didn't have a tube pan so I used loaf pansThis cake came out nice and moist and very flavourful. Will definetly make again"