Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
When the holidays roll around, my family eagerly anticipates sampling my Eggnog Cake. It's rich eggnog flavor is delightful.—
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Using a skewer, poke holes in cake 1 in. apart.
- In a large bowl, combine eggnog, sweetened condensed milk and 2% milk. Pour a scant 3/4 cup mixture over cake; let stand 20-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Repeat four times. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 394 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Eggnog Tres Leches Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.