Tres Leches Cupcakes
This cupcake version of tres leches cake actually uses four types of milk, plus cream, but quatro leches cake just doesn’t have the same delicious ring to it. If you love dairy, you won’t be disappointed with this special take on the classic.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Assorted fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups halfway, allowing room in liners for milk mixture. Bake 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool slightly.
- Place cupcakes in 15x10x1-in. pans. Poke holes in cupcakes with a skewer. In a small bowl, mix milks and salt; spoon scant 1 tablespoon mixture over each cupcake. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cupcakes; top with berries. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake (calculated without berries): 143 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tres Leches Cupcakes in Ultimate Halloween 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.