Easy Stuffed Poblanos
My partner adores these saucy stuffed peppers—and I love how quickly they come together. Top with low-fat sour cream and your favorite salsa. —Jean Erhardt, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Add rice to meat mixture.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, turn peppers.
- Fill with turkey mixture; top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed pepper halves: 312 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Poblanos Ole! in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.