- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- White pepper, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted. Stir in cream cheese and heat until melted. Add Parmesan cheese and pepper if desired; cook and stir until blended and heated through. Drain pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forEasy Fettuccine Alfredo
"My first time ever making fettuccini alfredo, and it was so easy, but more importantly, it was AWESOME. I followed the recipe to a "T", then added cooked shrimp. The creamy texture, satisfying cheese...yum. Adults and kids absolutely inhaled it. Needless to say there was not a crumb leftover, which is what I like!"
"Following the recipe, this is easily the worst 'Alfredo' that I've ever eaten in my life. The sauce was not creamy, and the parmesan cheese gave it an unpleasant tang that I couldn't get out of my mouth fast enough. I will not be making this again."
"I sauteed garlic in a little olive oil and also added a little pepper. quick, simple and the kids love it! Also, my daughter is lactose intolerant, so I used lactaid milk, margarine and Kraft Parmesan cheese is lactose free."
"quick, simple and delicious! We are garlic lovers so I did add a little more garlic."
"Good, but made way too much as a side dish for 2. Next time I'd use 2 oz. pasta."
"This was great I made this to feed eight ****** Linda"