If you prefer a creamier cappuccino, try a breve. The half-and-half cream creates a thick, rich foam that stands up well when mixed with Easy Espresso. Add sugar or flavored syrups to taste.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup hot brewed Easy Espresso
- Place cream in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small bubbles form around edge of cup.
- Place a metal whisk in cup; whisk vigorously by holding whisk handle loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth. Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking until foam measures 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Pour Easy Espresso into a cup; pour in remaining hot cream. Spoon foam over top and serve immediately.
Editor's Note: You may also use a portable mixer with whisk attachment to froth the half-and-half cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Easy Breve in The Taste of Home Cookbook--Entertaining Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.