- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add eggs; whisk until smooth. Gently stir in rhubarb. Line a 9-in. pit plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDouble-Crust Rhubarb Pie
"This was by far the best tasting Rhubarb pie my husband and I have ever had! Just add and extra 1/4 cup more sugar."
"I'm a man almost 55 years old and I've never made a pie in my life. I made this pie a couple weeks ago and I'm making another today. I have a small rhubarb patch and whatever is left over I'll freeze. I'm an idiot in the kitchen but making this pie was easy as... (okay, I won't say it). Because my rhubarb isn't cultivated and is a little on the small and very tart side I opted to put a little more sugar in, maybe 1-1/4 cups. It was perfect in my opinion. As to me crimping the edge of the crust, well, that didn't go so well."
"The secret is in the crust (which I used TOH double crust recipe) and this pie turned out absolutely delicious! We are not big on sugar, so I cut back a bit and even with the sour rhubarb, there was plenty of sweetness. Made this twice this spring and it was killer!"
"AMAZING!!! I only had frozen rhubarb in 3 cup portions, so I added a handful of fresh raspberries. I left out the butter dabs (and didn't miss them). After pouring the filling into the crust & topping with the second crust, I scraped the remaining filling from my mixing bowl on top of the crust. Then I sprinkled the crust with a little cinnamon. This is now my standard rhubarb pie recipe! :)"
"This is Grandma's recipe, omitting the cinnamon. I love it."