Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie
This no-bake pumpkin pie includes a delicious cream cheese layer. It's a terrific make-ahead dessert because it needs to refrigerate a few hours. —Donna Freund, Dubuque, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and milk. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk cold milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 369 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Double Layer Pumpkin Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Nov 21, 2012
Most requested at Thanksgiving!
Oct 5, 2009
had to use an electric beater to mix the pudding and pumkin together, it was really lumpy. i also replaced the frozen whipped topping with whipped cream. it was good and i will make again