Diabetic Orange Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a medium cowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins. Add egg substitute and orange juice; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 102 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 3, 2018
Love these. Even my daughters loved them and one of them is a super picky eater. I am going to have to hide them, because they are so good it's hard to eat just one.
Oct 19, 2013
These are very good! Thanks for the recipe!
Oct 5, 2011
I'm not a splenda after taste fan, but these cookies are pretty tasty. I added a bit extra orange zest...I like orange flavor. Over all a good diabetic cookie!
Aug 6, 2008
thank you for the post, just what I need.