- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large microwave-safe bowl; set aside. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popcorn mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring several times. Spread on greased baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forCrunchy Caramel Corn
"I made four batches of this caramel corn today. The flavor its awesome! However, after trial and error, I found with my particular microwave, I needed to double the amount of time that the popcorn was in the microwave (the last step). 4 minutes instead of 2 was perfect! (After two minutes, the caramel corn was still too soft after it cooled, 3 was better, but 4 was just right. I also experimented with the amount of the vanilla and found about 2 teaspoons instead of 1/2 was perfect for me! It really enhanced the flavor. Super easy recipe, it will be a staple in my house for years to come! Thank you so much!!!"
"This is so easy, I feel like I'm cheating. Oh if anyone is watching their cholesterol, the new Smart Balance sticks that are half butter, half Smart Balance, work just fine in this recipe."
"Does anyone know why my caramel popcorn turns sugary instead of crunchy when I put it in the over to finish it?"