- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Potato Cubes
"These are very good, and they didn't tend to burn like the ranch potatoes I've tried to make before w/ ranch dressing mix. One could experiment and change up the herbs used in this, but I think the thyme and marjoram are a good combo."
"These were very good and easy to make!"
"These are the best tasting baked potatoes I have had in a long time."
"THese are SO good, tasty and easy!"
"My husband isn't one for "fancy" seasonings - basically anything other than salt, pepper, or seasoning salt, but he LOVED these! He asked why I hadn't made them before.The only thing I did a little different - I added a little less than a teaspoon of rosemary. My thyme and marjoram weren't the freshest and I was afraid the potatoes wouldn't season well. This will probably become a staple, go-to recipe in my house as well! Not difficult to make at all!"
"This is one of the best potato recipes we have ever tried. Will definitely become a staple in our household."
"Absolutely THE BEST potato recipe I've found!!! My family can't get enough of them. I have to make a double batch each time I make them, which has become about once a week. Thanks for a GREAT treat!"
"These are fabulous!"