My New York-style cheesecake has tart cranberries, white chocolate chunks and a smidge of yuletide red. It's an impressive addition to holiday dessert tables. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Recommended: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice or 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cranberry juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in white chocolate and cranberries. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016