Cranberry Velvet Freeze
Everyone in my family loves this dessert. I normally serve it at Thanksgiving and Christmas when we're all together.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pineapple, marshmallows, cherries and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 260 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 15, 2012
It is hard to believe that nobody (including me) wrote a review for this. I found this recipe a few years ago and we have been making it for Christmas dinner ever since. It is absolutely incredible! Love and crave for it every year!