Cranberry Velvet Freeze
Everyone in my family loves this dessert. I normally serve it at Thanksgiving and Christmas when we're all together.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pineapple, marshmallows, cherries and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 260 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Velvet Freeze in Country December/January 2003
Oct 15, 2012
It is hard to believe that nobody (including me) wrote a review for this. I found this recipe a few years ago and we have been making it for Christmas dinner ever since. It is absolutely incredible! Love and crave for it every year!