Chunky Banana Cream Freeze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 5 medium bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Place the bananas, milk, coconut, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a freezer container; stir in walnuts and raisins. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 181 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 17, 2012
It's one of my favorites that I make for myself. Made a few change to the ingredient I add 4 tablespoon of sweetened coconut flakes & peanut butter, add bittersweet chocolate instead of raisins and chopped almonds, just add more almond milk to get it the way you want. I also try with dark chocolate almond milk. Yummy!
Jul 19, 2012
I left out the raisins and walnuts and it was delicious! It tasted just like ice cream!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.