- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, eggnog and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each of 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce into center of each; top with remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCranberry Eggnog Muffins
"Highly recommend this recipe. The muffins were perfect! Mine came out light and airy. Followed directions as written. Very tasty. Will make next egg nog season"
"Taste was pretty good, but it was rather dry."