Cranberry Chip Pancakes
These simple pancakes taste so great, you don't even need syrup! Liven them up by adding cranberries, orange juice and vanilla chips to classic pancake batter. —Aris Gonzalez, Deltona, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the cranberries and 1/2 cup water until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, orange zest, orange juice and remaining water just until moistened. Fold in chips. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 368 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Chip Pancakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.