These festive pinwheels are the perfect finger food for the buffet table. Chutney is a wonderful surprise in the flavorful filling. Chock-full of goodies, they won't last long.
Recommended: What to Eat When It’s Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mango chutney or chutney of your choice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, soup mix, mayonnaise and sour cream; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In another large bowl, combine the crab, cream cheese, chutney, garlic powder and onion powder; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the spinach mixture on six tortillas. Spread the crab mixture on remaining tortillas. Place one crab tortilla over each spinach tortilla. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut each roll into seven slices. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Crab Roll-Ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p22