Coconut Egg Nests
Looking for an Easter activity that kids will enjoy assembling and eating? Try these sweet spring treats from Tonya Hamrick of Wallace, West Virginia. They're a snap to make and call for just a few ingredients.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 jelly beans
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir in food coloring until blended. Add coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper into 12 mounds. Make an indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with three jelly beans. Let stand until set.
Originally published as Coconut Egg Nests in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
May 9, 2010
These were fabulous tasting and incredibly easy. I used white chocolate chips in place of the candy coating (couldn't find it) and Cadbury mini eggs in place of the jelly beans. Will repeat every year. Yum!