Coconut Egg Nests
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 jelly beans
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir in food coloring until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper into 12 mounds. Make an indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with three jelly beans. Let stand until set.
1 each: 127 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 9, 2010
These were fabulous tasting and incredibly easy. I used white chocolate chips in place of the candy coating (couldn't find it) and Cadbury mini eggs in place of the jelly beans. Will repeat every year. Yum!