Turtle Dove Nests
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 45 jelly beans or peanut M&M's
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the rice noodles, cereal and peanuts. Divide into 15 mounds on waxed paper and shape into nests; press indentation in the center of each. Add three jelly beans to each nest. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 nest: 217 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2018
I also was confused on a couple of ingredients so I used 6 oz each of chocolate and peanut butter morsels. It was the perfect amount when melted. I also used chow mein noodles because that’s what it appears to be from the picture. They were very easy to make and look just like the photo. Very nice for the holiday. Grandchildren loved them.
Mar 28, 2018
It was not clear whether there were 2 packages of chips of one combined. I couldn't find a combination, so used one package of each. I also couldn't find the rice noodles, so used chow mein noodles. It all turned out quite well. I took them to students in my ESL (English Second Language) class and they loved them.
Nov 6, 2014
I love this idea! I used to make similar candies as a child, but didn't add the "eggs." These will be on my Christmas cookie trays from now on!