Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until crumbly. Press firmly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pecans over crust.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring constantly. Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes. Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole. Cool completely; cut into small squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Feb 26, 2010
Now one of my favorite square recipies! Easy to make. I left the butter hard and processed the crust in my food processor which is quick and easy and works great. I also return the squares to the warm oven to melt all of the chocolate to make it easier to spread. I use parchment paper in my pan and simply remove the whole thing to a cutting board when cooled to cut. An excellent bar for transporting to teas, bake sales, etc., as it is not sticky and cuts evenly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.