Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 24 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy
- In a large metal bowl over simmering water, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup melted chips for decorations; keep warm.
- Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir to coat evenly. Drop mixture into 24 mounds on waxed paper; shape into bird nests using two forks.
- Dip bottoms of Peeps in reserved chips; place in nests. Attach eggs with remaining chips. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 276 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 7, 2018
I brought this in for a treat for my colleagues. Whoa first they were snap chatted to their wife's and afterwards there weren't enough to go around, Went like birds flying out of the nests. Relatively easy to make. The salty and sweet combo were delicious.
Apr 13, 2017
Made these several years ago when I worked with children. Cute and fantastic.
Apr 22, 2011
These are THE most adorable treats. The salty-sweet of the pretzels, not to mention the 'ADORABLE' factor, have made them a delightful surprise for every family member, young and old alike. It all came together quite easily, and will be a must-have for years to come! Thanks for this ingenious and creative delight!
Apr 20, 2011
easy ..easy...My 4 yr old broke sticks in half..I found "nest" easier to assemble that way. I used multi colored "chicks" for his class! I was surprised how quick and easy!!
Apr 20, 2011
A new Easter tradition in our house! I may break the pretzel sticks in half next time to make a little smaller nest. Our 3 kids loved "decorating" them almost as much as eating them!
Apr 11, 2011
I have a similar bird nest design but I use the HERSHEY'S No-Bake Butterscotch Haystack recipe, Peeps, and Jelly Beans. They are an Easter favorite!
Apr 9, 2011
These were sooo good, I made it with my 7yr old sister and she loved making them. They couldnt have been easier or yummier!!!
Apr 5, 2011
It was fun and easy for the kids to make, and well eat too!!
Apr 3, 2011
I made these for our church coffee hour with the kids in mind--turns out being a "kid" has no age limit--these were a huge success. I would definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing this idea.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.