Club-Style Turkey Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 yellow corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon, red pepper and onion until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bacon mixture, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and milk; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 602 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1106mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 45g protein.
Nov 25, 2014
Looks good but why use canned tomatoes when the recipe looks like it should be fresh tomatoes? The picture shows fresh cut tomatoes with the lettuce.
Apr 17, 2014
This turned out really good -- I used flour tortillas and a 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce.
Nov 27, 2013
Warming the corn tortillas in a tortilla warmer or a ziploc bag with a dash of water (mocrowaved for 15 sec) will keep the tortillas from getting tough. I'm Opting for pico de gallo instead of plain tomatoes. Should be fantastic. gets my vote since it will be a refreshing change from the holiday norm.
Dec 15, 2009
the corn tortillas were to crisp and had to fight with it to eat it. I would try them with the floured ones next time...
Nov 27, 2009
This recipe is simple and so easy to make. My family absolutely loves it and we will be making it many more times.