Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, egg yolk and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 181 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2015
Good texture, overall tasted like a spice cookie. I'd cut the salt to 1/4 tsp bc it was overpowering. This cookie was lacking something. Without the chocolate chips it would have been inedible. Possibly some orange zest and a 1/4 cup sugar would have rounded out the flavor.
Nov 17, 2011
These are so good. A quiet bite of flavors. My friends all wanted the recipe.