VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (28 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet.
- Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chop Suey in Country Ground Beef 1993, p71
Reviews forChop Suey
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review