Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse from Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts combines favorites chocolate and peanut butter perfectly. It's a delicious, rich dessert ideal for summer night entertaining and a nice alternative to ice cream.
Recommended: Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the candy bar, cream and peanut butter. Microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Beat until soft peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes; sprinkle with chocolate-covered peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p61