- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar and almond filling until blended. Stir in almonds. Pour over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with chocolate. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 40 bars.
Reviews forChocolate-Glazed Almond Bars
"Everyone loves when I make these. Had to search high and low for the almond filling but it was well worth it!"
"I needed more of an almond taste, real dissapointment"
"They are a lot easier to make than they look and they taste like you spent hours on them. Sooo yummy!"
"The chocolate-Glazed Almond Bars are a real keeper. Three squares of the melted bitter-sweet squares though are more than enough to glaze the bars."
"I used slivered almonds as that is what I already had."