- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Cake
"Excellent....would make again!"
"Excellent and easy"
"i only used 2 eggs and it was fine"