- 1-1/2 cups julienned green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry green peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, stir-fry the beef and garlic in remaining oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the cornstarch, apple juice and water until smooth; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return the vegetables to the pan; heat through. Serve over the rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChinese Pepper Steak
"Very tasty! Has a sweet fruity flavor that is light on the palate. Definitely will make again!"